|New shelves ready for their finish.|
Still hammering away on the building. And still without a chimney. Hopefully this month will see the installation of the chimney and we can get to work testing the boiler. In the meantime I have been working on painting, shelving and cellar doors. The shelves are coming along nicely. They are constructed entirely of 1"x12" pine boards and finished with a mixture of pine tar and beeswax. The mixture gives a nice luster finish that is waterproof and slowly gives the wood a honey color.
I have also built both doors for the cellar. Quite a task if one happens to be working alone. I did manage, and even got one hung. It was an adventure hanging that first door. I got it in place only to discover that it was rhombohedral! Everything was parallel, just not square. Not sure how I managed that, but a little trimming and it went in just fine.
The other door is nice and square. It needed another coat of paint and has to have about 1/8 inch shaved off the width. Hopefully, tomorrow it will be hung and we will have a cellar that can be closed!
|One cellar door!|
|The wildflowers seem to like the slope behind the brewery.|