Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Quick Taste


Never one to leave well enough alone, I decided to try my latest my latest brew.  It has only been in the bottle for five days.  Not much, especially for a beer that was bottled without priming.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.

First off, the beer poured crystal clear.  The aroma is an enticing biscuit/malt.  The flavor is excellent.  It matches the best of any brewpub I have ever tasted.  Malt and bitterness are in perfect balance with a pleasant earthy aftertaste.  Believe it or not, the carbonation was pretty good for only five days with no primer.  I would like to see more carbonation, but that will come with time.

In spite of using a new yeast and base malt, it looks I got things right this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment