Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Starting Construction

Over the past few weeks we have had a good bit of rain.  Still, between downpours we have managed to get two loads of lumber to the brewery site.  With luck the rain will hold off and we can start construction on Sunday.  I have been making phone calls and trying to rally the troops. 

I really hope that at least one person who shows up on Sunday has some construction experience, as I have little.  The description in my barn building book make it look like a fairly simple task; more a matter of determination than skill.  It is such books containing such descriptions that often lead innocent persons down the path of self-destruction.  At least I shall have a few friends with me as I tread that all too familiar road.

I hope to have some cool photos to post on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment