Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Monday, October 25, 2010

A New Frame To Mind

Two days of framing work.
This Sunday and Monday finally saw us begin the process of framing up the brewery.  On Sunday Toma and Krister came out and we got started.  Then on Monday Krister came out again and we continued the process.  We have only one more section to go and we will be done with the first floor. 

Conditions at the worksite were cold and wet the entire time, but we carried on.  Krister and Tom are both much more experienced carpenters than I am.  Over these last two day I have learned alot from them.  Another thing that I have learned is that I cannot estimate lumber usage.  I had thought that we had enough to fram up the first floor and loft.  It now looks like we will end up just short of being able to finish up the first floor.  Hopefully my financial estimates will prove more accurate!

No comments:

Post a Comment