Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Honey Ale

The honey ale has now been in the bottle for two weeks. So I decided to open a bottle and see how things were coming along.

The first thing I noticed is that the honey ale is already well carbonated with a thick, tan head. The color is a deep amber with a strong honey aroma. The flavor is like a mead I recently had, but with the interplay of the honey and malt it is more complex and satisfying than the mead. I believe it will get better with ageing.

I will keep you updated, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment