Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Little Bit of Progress


Tomorrow is another farmer's market.  Tonight was another night of cleaning eggs into the late evening. The girls have slowed down a bit, but I still have plenty of eggs to sell.  Last market I sold 12 dozen total, let us hope for better this time.

The new coop is getting close to being done. I managed to get the tarpaper tacked down on the roof just as the rain started to fall. So I am still not truly finished with the new coop but at least the chickens do not have a blue tarp for a roof!  Putting up drip edge and tarpaper is a real pain when you are doing it alone.

All chickens are now out of the house.  The incubator and brooder are shut down until next spring when the idea of chickens in the house will once again seem appealing.  I love having peeps around but admit that I reached my limit this spring.

Hopefully tomorrow I willbe able post a few photos of progress around the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment