Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Paperwork & Reflections


The federal paperwork is in!  Now a little time to relax the eyes, then move on to the state side of things. We are by no means done yet, who knows what glitches could still arise in the paperwork process, but it feels good just to have something in.  I am also trying to finish up on the last of the construction (tank racks, etc.).
So I still have a lot to do before we are selling brew, but we are getting closer and can finally see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.

I was reflecting on the whole process that has lead us to the point where we now stand with the brewery. As I was gathering up documents for the federal side of things, I found copies of my first email interactions with the TTB and the NH Liquor Commission, from February 2009!  It is hard to believe how long it has been since this all started: the day when I brought home a copy of "Farmhouse Ales" and Tracy started reading it and said, "We could do this."  So it began.

It has been a long journey, but, overall a good one.  There were definitely times we both wanted to throw in the towel, but we kept on going.  Neither one of us relishes the role of being one of those "You know, I always wanted to..." types.  Along the way we have made many new friends and my carpentry skills have improved greatly!  Soon, we hope to have all our new and old friends over for a grand opening!  We will let you know when that happens...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment