Join with us on our adventure as we build East Alstead's first brewery and what is quite possibly the only off-grid commercial brewery in the United States. We feel that what we brew and how we brew it are equally important. If you would like to help out with this project, contact me at: tim@belgianmare.com.




The Belgian Mare Says Hello!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sunday Work Day

We tried for a work day last Sunday.  About one in the morning I was awakened to the sound of the beeping of my computer's battery back-up. I promptly fell back asleep.  When Annie woke me to take her out, I realized that I could not turn on the lights and remembered the previously- forgotten beeping.  We finally got power back a bit after 1pm.  By then, my JKD instructor had arrived and it was time to start kicking and punching each other.

In the meantime, a few brave souls labored with me, by hand, to get a few things done around the brewery. In a way, not having power was a bonus, it made us plan and work more efficiently. On Monday, with the power back on, I made some progress on the loft floor.

Such is life.  Hopefully this Sunday we will have power and be able to inch the brewery a bit further along toward completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment